Space Reservation Policy
1. The Great Hall may be requested by any party one month after academic calendar is approved for following year. For example, if the 2016-17 academic calendar is approved on November 15, 2015 The Great Hall can be booked starting on December 15, 2015 for space needs through July 4, 2017 (the last observed date on the 2016/2017 academic calendar. This will also enable the final exam periods to be blocked out through July 4, 2017.
2. The Frederick P. Rose Auditorium can be booked one month after the 2016-17 academic calendar is approved, though only on Thursday-Sunday after 6pm through July 4, 2017. If final exams are typically scheduled in the Rose we will, as with The Great Hall, block out these periods. The Rose can also be booked Monday-Wednesday the week after fall and spring registration concludes for the following term. This permits the academic units to schedule the Rose for classes accordingly for registration purposes.
3. Peter Cooper Suite and LL101 (Menschel Board Room) are available for scheduling one week after fall and spring registration concludes for the following term. As with the Rose, this permits the academic units to schedule the Rose for classes accordingly for registration purposes.
4. Gallery Spaces: The schools of architecture and art agree to book spaces a semester in advance (for example by early September for the fall term, mid-January for spring term) in 25 Live after which the schools agree to make available times that galleries may be open for other use. Open gallery space can be requested and approved after add/drop via 25 Live.
5. All other classroom spaces, labs, studios, lecture halls etc. remain available one week after add/drop period and for current semester only.
6. Summer schedule: on or about November 1 of each year all parties on-campus must present their summer schedules including program use by day, time, weeks used, space requested etc. to Brenda Ferebee, coordinator of records and room reservations. Annually, she will send to the Cooper Union community the data points needed for each event in order to combine the summer requests. Approximately two weeks after submitting summer space requests, the Academic Leadership Team (Academic Deans, Dean of Students, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Dean of Admissions and Vice President of Finance and Administration), will review summer requests and handle any conflicts at that time. When the summer schedule is approved, the respective academic divisions and administrative units will be required to post on 25 Live their summer schedules. After this point, additional summer requests for space will be addressed by Brenda Ferebee on a first come first serve basis.
We ask that all who reserve campus space follow the start and end times of their events/classes as often our rooms are used continuously throughout the day and evening hours. In addition, please leave the space in the same condition as when you entered. Finally, please respect the space limitations, e.g. no food or drink in The Great Hall. If you have questions about usage of space or using our reservation system, please send an email to 25Livehelpdesk@cooper.edu.