Transfer – Art
For fall 2023 transfer applicants, our Early Decision deadline is Thursday, December 1, 2022 and our Regular Decision deadline is Thursday, January 5, 2023.
To be eligible as a transfer, you must have completed 18-60 credits of studio art courses OR previously earned a baccalaureate degree in a discipline other than art.
Our 2023 application will be live by September, 2022.
- A completed application
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Official high school transcript or GED certificate
- Official college transcripts for ALL schools attended (sent directly from the college or university)
- English language proficiency test (if applicable)
- $75 application fee or fee waiver (if applicable)
- After students have submitted the required application, they will be asked to complete a supplemental Hometest (instructions to appear in your applicant portal once the test is released)
- A portfolio and sketchbook (to be submitted with Hometest)
English Language Proficiency Requirements for International Students
Undergraduate applicants whose native language is not English and have not had at least 3 years of English at a school where English was the official medium of instruction, are required to take one of the exams below. Please note that your English language proficiency test results are only valid for two years. Please ensure that the name on your passport matches the name on your application, and on your language scores.
Test for English Language Proficiency
Minimum Score Requirements
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
600 (paper-based test)
100 (internet-based test)
MyBest™ scores are not accepted
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
DET (Duolingo English Test)
We do not accept results from the following exams: IELTS Indicator, TOEFL ITP Plus for China, TOEFL Essentials, and PTE Academic Online.