International Student Exchange Program
The Albert Nerken School of Engineering began partnering with international institutions in the early 2000s to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to come to Cooper for a semester or year-long exchange. Exchange students spend one semester (September-December or January-May) or one year (September-May) studying a variety of courses ranging from the four core majors in the School of Engineering (civil, chemical, electrical and mechanical) to various applicable courses in the School of Art or the School of Architecture.
Our current partner institutions are:
- University of Iceland, Rekyjavik, Iceland
- Rekyjavik University, Rekyjavik, Iceland
- Universidad de Burgos, Burgos, Spain
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, Spain
- Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany
- Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, Karlsruhe, Germany
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
Application & Deadlines
In order to apply for our international exchange program you must first consult with your universities’ international programs coordinator. They are the ones that will be accepting your applications to apply for the semester exchange and may have additional requirements that you need to meet before moving forward with this process.
For questions about visa and immigration, please send an email to Hala Alkasm, Assistant Director of International Advisement.
For questions about advising and course selection please contact Associate Dean Lisa Shay, Associate Dean for Educational Innovation.
The international student handbook can be found here.