Online registration through Student Self-Service for the Summer and Fall 2022 semester classes will take place from April 26-29. Registration starts at 9 am according to the schedule below. This registration is for all Bachelor's degree and Master's degree students who plan to return to The Cooper Union in September.
|If in the fall you will be ...||You will register online starting at 9 am on ...|
|A Master’s student, or a senior in all schools||Tuesday, April 26|
|An Art Junior, or
An Engineering Junior, or
A Third- or Fourth-Year Architecture Student
|Wednesday, April 27|
|An Architecture, Art, or Engineering Sophomore||Thursday, April 28|
Separate registration instructions for each school and HSS can be found below.
- The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture
- School of Art
- Albert Nerken School of Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Please note: Students who have a financial obligation to The Cooper Union will not be permitted to register. Please satisfy any debts before registration.
Online registration through Student Self-Service will occur in the following way:
- Each student will submit a proposed schedule to their advisor. Students are encouraged to e-mail their advisors that they have submitted their course plan. Art students will follow their school's instructions and follow up with their advisors as needed.
- The advisor will review the schedule and approve it if satisfactory. Advisors must e-mail their students upon approval.
- Starting on their appointed day and continuing through April 29, students will register online.
- If a student encounters difficulty with registration, staff members in the Office of the Registrar can be reached during normal business hours by email at email@example.com.
See Using Student Self-Service for detailed instructions.
Schedule changes and necessary program alterations may be accommodated without fee during the drop/add period, which is August 29 to September 6. After that there is a $25 fee for withdrawing from courses (no courses may be added).
The first day of classes will be Monday, August 29. Monday classes meet.
Any returning student who does not register between April 26 and 29 may register from August 29 through September 6; there will be a $100 late registration fee.
After September 6 students may drop classes only within the guidelines and timeframes established by the three Schools and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; there will be a $25 fee for each transaction.
Master's students please note: Even if you are pursuing only the completion of your thesis, you MUST register in the normal way.
Special Instructions for Engineering Students
Engineering seniors planning to continue in the Master's program: you must first have a graduate academic program assigned to you (CHE.ME, CE.ME, etc), and you must register under this program.
Special Instructions for Summer Registration
Students who plan to register for summer courses should consult their dean or advisor about special registration requirements.